Monday, June 2, 2008

Food, food, It is everywhere!!!

Well my weekend started off pretty darn busy. My cousin had a graduation Party and I helped them out a bit on Friday Night and Saturday Morning. I don't know why I do it to myself but it seems like as much as I try to avoid food situations I always be seem to put myself in the middle of it. I think I am sub-conscientiously trying to get food out of my system by being around it and realizing just because it is in front of me does not mean I have to eat it, but it is so, so hard... While helping my cousins with her party I spent most of the time around the food preparations. I spent most of Friday night rolling turkey and Ham for trays. I was soooooo wanting to eat some it was driving me nuts, I mean I was actually salivating and quite surprised that I did not start drooling like a dog. But my willpower prevailed and I rolled all 20lbs of meat without cheating.. Talk about a test!!!!!! The next morning was just as hard but I do have to admit I licked my fingers few times but nothing was on them that I was not allowed to eat anyways. However, that morning I had said to myself that I was gonna cheat later in the day and eat a meatball ( I am not supposed to have beef for 3 months) but I am proud to say that I did go to the party and even though I did put a meatball on my plate I ended up leaving it on my plate. It was very hard thing for me to do but I told myself a long time ago that if I had this surgery I was gonna do what the doctors told me and well to be honest If I am gonna cheat I would rather do it eating a Halo Burger.

It is really crazy if you stop and think about it. Food seems to be everywhere!! It is all around you, and there is no hiding from it. Whether or not you are driving by a fast food joint, or stopping to get gas or just visiting a friend, most everything either has food or revolves around food. There is no hiding from it!!! No wonder the average American is overweight to some degree and for those of us who are addicted to food it makes thing extremely hard for us to deal with.

But anyways I guess enough about that, I have had some real problems with nausea the last 2 days. I am not exactly sure why, Saturday night I came in from outside and was feeling fine but then all of a sudden I was in the bathroom heaving. I had not ate anything so all that was coming out was foam ( I have heard of that happening after WLS Surgery but this was a first time for me ) and it continued to happen again.. I went to bed hoping the next morning I would feel better but I was still very nauseated the next day and spent most of my time laying around dozing. This morning while I am able to function normally I still have that nauseated feeling. I sure I hope that this goes away soon and am almost wondering if it ties in with my monthly cycle and hormones as things are not normal right now with that. But whatever it is I hope it goes away soon as no one want to feel this way all the time.

Today, I have my first bariatric center support group. I am very much looking forward to it and am sure that this will be a much better meeting then the last one that I tried to attend. I have a list of questions to talk about and am looking forward to getting some answers and maybe finding a friend or two to buddy up with that might have had the surgery around the same time as me. I will let you know How it all goes.

Thanks for reading today and I hope everyone has a Happy Monday !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady, I have been following your Posts and I am so proud of you. I hope the nausea goes away. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you!!
Love Ya,
Mary Ann