Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Pictures

Hello All, I got the part for my camera and downloaded a few new current pictures of me. Remember though I have a ton ( well not quite a ton) of weight to lose so the difference is not all too dramatic yet but there is a slight difference and the more time that goes by the weight loss will be more obvious.

I really don't have a whole lot to talk about today nothing too much going on. However, my mom has been spending a couple of days with me. Yesterday she was nagging at me quite a bit because (this is the interesting part) she did not think I was eating enough!!. That is another first..No one has ever accused me of not eating enough. But wasn't that the goal of this whole surgery, too help me control my eating and that is definitely what it does. It has completely controlled my appetite and the amount of food that I can eat.

I have lots of people asking me 2 questions repeatedly. So I thought today would be a good day to address those questions.

The 1st question I hear allot is whether or not I feel hungry anymore -- The answer to that is yes but it is a very different feeling then what you are used to and it takes along time before you feel that way, I would say at least 8 hours. Before when I was hungry I would get that rumbling, grumbling stomach that you could really feel and hear telling you that you are hungry, now it is just a very hollow feeling that is hard to describe. There is no rumbling or growling it just feels very hollow or empty inside. It is not painful at all but it is a very strange feeling and I don't like it usually I feel like that most often in the mornings. Which in some ways that is good because I was never a breakfast eater before and now it basically makes me eat breakfast so I can make the feeling go away. And we all know that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day specially now that I have had this surgery. The other hunger feeling that I have is strictly in my head which has to do with the food addiction. My mind tries to tell me to eat even when I am not hungry but that feeling is strictly based on addiction, emotions or just boredom and one that I am working on reversing.

The 2nd Question that I hear often is whether or not I feel full and the answer to that it also yes but it is again a different feeling that what you are used to. There are also allot of rules to follow that insures that you do not stretch out your stomach pouch dramatically so that you can continue to feel full. When I eat you can feel the food in your stomach pouch and when the pouch is full you can feel the food starting to kinda go up your throat, This is a major sign to stop eating, however you can still continue to eat but that is when you start stretching things out and that can become a way of sabotaging your weight loss tool. One of the other tricks is not to drink anything for 30 minutes before/after you eat and not to drink while eating.. This assures that my stomach pouch fills up quicker then it would if I was drinking with my meals. Drinking with your meals allows the food to pass through quicker and that of course allows you to eat more.. This is a good diet tip for everyone. So give it a try and see if you feel any difference.

Well I hope that answers some of your questions or at least gives you more of an idea of just what this surgery is about and how it helps you. There, of course, is way more to the surgery but that can be another lesson on another day..

Be sure to check out my pictures on my link listed below or click on an ad or two and help me earn a few extra pennies.

As always have a great day, MEchele

1 comment:

wild said...

Hey its Nan. I just looked at your new pictures. Wow you are looking good. You know I think that is the first picture of you i hsve ever seen of you standing sidewise. Just got yo say I am very proud of you for having the courage to do all this. LOVE NAN PS I CLICKED ON THE ADS