Monday, June 23, 2008

I fell off the wagon

Well I have to be honest and admit that I did a big No-No this weekend.. Well at least the doctors would say that but Everybody I know who has the surgery still does it.... .Does what, you are wondering?? Well I went out on Saturday night and had 2 alcoholic beverages. Now for those of you who know me, you would know that 2 alcoholic beverages for me is absolutely nothing, specially when I am out with my Cousin & Uncle but I probably should not have drank, at least not so soon after my surgery.. However, I have to tell you that I had no ill side effects from it. I was very sensible about it and made sure after every sip I took, I followed it up with a sip of water and like I said I only had 2 drinks and one of which I did not even finish completely.. I was very much waiting for some bad reaction but nothing happened including the fact that I did not even get the slightest bit tipsy.. SO much for being a cheap drunk..lol. However, as I lose more weight things might change. I am having a bit of trouble with my bowels this morning and am not sure why but I am pretty positive it has nothing to do with the alcohol because that would have given me problems right away and not 2 days later. I did experiment with a few more food choices then I would have normally done this weekend so that might also have something to do with my Bowel problem this morning. Usually I add one new thing at a time but this weekend I seemed to be a little bit reckless in that area

I also went riding again yesterday morning, This time I went over to Elba Equestrian Park and did a bit of a longer ride and one that had a bit more challenge. As usual I took my trusty horse TJ and we had no problems. TJ got a good work out hauling my big ole butt around but I assured him that every time I get on him I will weigh less & less. I am so looking forward to getting my seat back and being able to ride my other horses without worry.. I think that day is coming sooner then later.

On a sad note my friends father passed away on Friday afternoon, I was there when it happened and am very thankful (for lack of better word) that I was able to be there for her and her mother in their trying time and that he passed very peacefully. I know from experience that this is not an easy thing to deal with and any support is always a blessing.

Take care everyone, and I will talk to you all again soon.

MEchele

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry next time I will force you to get a buzzzzzzz, shots followed by water. I love ya, had a great time hanging out with you and thanks for the help in the house

-Brent