Monday, June 16, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again!!

Happy Monday everyone, As you can tell by my opening Title I had had a major triumph over the weekend.. Sunday Morning I got a call from a Friend Of mine Kelly, her and her friend Lucy were going to come riding in my neck of the woods and invited me along. After trying to think of some good excuse while I couldn't go I decided to suck it up and get over it. So I hooked up my trailer, grabbed my gear, and loaded up my trusty horse TJ and off we went. I have to admit I was just a tad bit scared when it came to getting on my horse but once I was mounted and we got going it was no problem.. Tj is the best horse a person can ask for, he is totally bomb proof and you never have to worry about him giving you a hard time on the trail.. He could not have treated his mom any better!!!!! I am sure he knew that there was a little bit of tension on my part but was very sensitive to it and slow and easy was the way we went...Of course, I don't think TJ can be anything but slow and easy (except for when it comes to food..lol) My friend Kelly could not have been any more supportive to me then she was. THANK YOU Kelly for helping me back in the saddle !! I truly had a great time, specially when we all got to take our horses for a swim at the beach and we certainly couldn't have asked for a better weather day..

The second exciting thing that happened this weekend was that I got into a pair of my smaller jeans. That were 6 sizes smaller then what I was wearing.. Imagine my shock when they actually fit.. of course they were the stretchy kinda jeans but I will take it anyways. Any boost to the ego is a good one.

On Saturday I went to two open houses. It seems like every time I go to a social function it seems easier and easier to deal with the amount of foods that are there and the fact that I don't have to eat and if I do eat I don't have to eat so much and it is OK if I don't eat everything on my plate. I am hoping that this means that I am slowly but surely getting over the "clean your plate syndrome." I think that as the more time goes by my mind will slowly change its attitude toward what used to be considered normal for me and what is normal now.

I hope all of you had a great weekend and and a stress free Monday!!

PS.. Say a little prayer for me this afternoon as I have to go to court on an issue with a former tenant. Say a prayer that the judge has the wisdom to see who is telling the truth and who is just being vindictive..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Michele!!! for having a GREAT WEEKEND of Trimphs!!!

Healthy Chelle said...

SO glad you are back in the saddle!

I know you had a blast!

Way to go on the pants too!

Love you and see you in less than a month!