Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I found a support group

Well Monday night I went to my first bariatric support group meeting and it was exactly what I was looking for.. There was about 15 or so people and everyone really helped each other out. It was basically an open forum and everyone just bounced information back and forth. I also found out about several other groups that met privately and am looking forward to joining those groups also. The one in particular that I am excited about is a group called a "Finishing Group" it is limited to 8 people and there is an actual doctor that runs it. It is geared to help you realize what it is that actually made you get fat in the first place and help you to not repeat the past. I guess they even give you self help home work assignments every week. I am really looking forward to this group, the starting date has not yet been finalized but I am on the list for when they do.

One of the topics that was brought up at the meeting was a form of Protein that I have been using it is called a Whey Protein Bullet that has 45 grams of protein in it. There are conflicting reports as to what the actual bodies absorption rate is on this product and they are saying that the protein from these may not be good enough for what I need. This scared me as this is my main source of protein and if you remember from my other posts protein is very important for my nutrition as well as keeping my hair from falling out. So I am at a quandary as to what to do now. My hair has not yet started falling out yet but that does not mean it won't, people last night were telling me it might not start falling out till month 3 or 4. But anyways I did decide that I will go to my local GNC store and see what they have to offer just in case. I figure it can't hurt at all and they have a policy that if you don't like a product you can bring it back and who knows maybe I will find something I like better anyways.

I am still having waves of nauseousness and not quite understanding it. I can be absolutely fine and then all of sudden, out of the blue I am starting to gag, dry heave whatever you want to call it. I have no food in my stomach when this happens so I know that it is not related to anything I eat. I mentioned it last night and everyone thought it sounded normal, some people just have it more then others, everyone is different but they say it will eventually go away. I guess I was just lucky to only start having this feeling now rather then right off the bat.

I have had recently had a request for updated photos and I am sorry that I have not gotten any new ones to you all ,I really wanted to post monthly photos of me and my progress so I will get it done eventually. I have even already have taken the pictures but dummy me has misplaced the cord that goes from my camera to the computer and no one sells SONY accessories so I had to order it directly from Sony... SO the whole moral of this story is new pictures will not be posted till my order comes in 7-10 days. Sorry about that .. but well even though I have lost 45 lbs there really is not a dramatic difference in me yet.

and for some off the wall news I am a new mom today of some brand new baby chickens....lol.. I have had a hen sitting on a nest of eggs for the past 3 weeks and the eggs started hatching today. So far I have 3 and there is about 6 more to go yet ( I hope). I have tried doing this in the past with no success so for me this is exciting news. I know, I know I am a tad weird but for some reason I really like having chickens I just think it is so cool to go out an collect eggs everyday.

Well I guess that is my news for today... Talk to you all soon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found a good group! That kind of support will be so good for you.

Congratulations on the chicks, they must be SO cute!!!

Healthy Chelle said...

I have been waiting to hear an update about your group. I know it was hard for you to wait for the day to finally come but it sounds like you have found what you need: people who understand and are going through it too.

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found a group that excites you and can help you with your progress. Keep up the good work. I am so proiud of you in trying to do everything by the book!!!!

Anonymous said...

glad things are going well give me a call

dan