Monday, June 9, 2008

a weekend of firsts

Hello all, I hope you had a great weekend. I had a pretty decent weekend and had a weekend of some firsts since my surgery.. Saturday I had to take my mom to Lansing for a wedding and spent the rest of the day doing stuff by myself in Lansing while she was at the wedding. In the past I would have just spent my day treating myself to every snack and restaurant treat I could find but that was not the case this time.. I spent the afternoon at the mall, I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure and even bought myself a couple of cute shirts in a couple of sizes smaller to give myself something to shoot for. I then went to a movie by myself and for a first time I did not have any soda, popcorn, candy or smuggled in fast food. The only thing I did have was a bottle of water and believe it or not I did not miss the other stuff. Afterwards I was feeling hungry and found that my favorite restaurant had a location where I was.. (Olgas Kitchen) So I decided that I might as well have my very first restaurant experience. I was actually very nervous about it.. and even asked for a booth close to the bathroom in case I had to vomit. I told the waitress my circumstances and she was very cool about it and told me to take my time.. In the past when I went to Olgas I would order a Gyro(or an Olga as they refer to it) with cheese and extra meat, fries, spinach pie, Olga snackers, and Cheese ball appetizers.. this time I ordered an Olga, which technically was cheating, and a spinach Pie. I ate maybe 1/8th of the Olga and 1/2 of the spinach pie(maybe a 2"x3" piece) and that was just the filling not the crust stuff, so in other words not that much. I ended up getting a take out box and bringing the rest home.. This was the first time I ever took a take out box home because I could actually NOT finish eating my meal..Any other time I took food home it was usually because I was with other people and was embarrassed to be such a pig so I took it home with me giving the illusion that I did not eat that much, usually when I got home I would just eat the rest. This time I am happy to say that the take out container is still in the frig and most likely will get thrown out uneaten. After eating I went to pick up my mom, I went into the reception and the first thing that was offered to me was a drink and I had to say NO.. This another first... me at a wedding and not drinking!! lol... I ordered an ice water.

Now that I am going on my 6 weeks I am now allowed a much bigger variety of foods. Pretty much every thing except, white flour stuff, stuff with sugar in it, raw veggies, some fruits, no greasy or fatty foods and no beef. Hummm I guess that means I can't eat pretty much everything..lol ..But I can try more variety slowly and in moderation and no more then 4 oz each meal. I did try actual chicken breast for the 1st time yesterday and I had a bit of problem but nothing major. I just think that was because I am a bad cook and the chicken was too dry...lol Today I am gonna try again today cooked in a different way and see what happens.

Well I guess that is all for first this weekend. Hope you all stay cool and healthy this week ..

Take Care, MEchele

1 comment:

Healthy Chelle said...

I know exactly what you mean about using the old "take out illusion" trick.

Way to be honest, Michele!

You are going places lady!

Love,

Michelle