Friday, June 6, 2008

Weigh day week 5

Well today is weigh day and I am plugging away slowly but surely

Week 5 Weight loss -3lbs
Total weight loss to date -48lbs

Not bad I guess, it is definitely not 3lbs gained so I am not complaining, I have a personal goal of wanting to be down 60lbs by the 14th but I think I might be kinda shy of that mark but who knows I have little over a week yet so we shall see. I might have a little water retention right now so next week could see some big numbers. I kinda feel like I am on an episode of the biggest loser, this weeks weigh in.. who will have big numbers???.. and on almost every episode it is the men who drop big numbers while the women just whittle it a way a few pounds at a time.

Last night was kinda exciting for me, I actually made myself a real meal or close to it. My tastes since the surgery have been changing a bit, lots of things just don't seem to have any flavor anymore. So I thought I would spice it up a little bit, at least as much as I am allowed. I went and got some more ground turkey although the thought of it was not to appealing, it seems to me that ground Turkey is just too dry but I found some that had just a little more fat content then the last batch I bought and tried that ,I have to say it tasted sooooo much better and yet was still in the guidelines of what I am allowed to have. So with that I added some Prego , some extra spice and used whole wheat pasta. A spaghetti dinner I had!!!! and it sure tasted good. Of course remember I can only eat 3-4 oz but since I have to wait 2-3 minutes between bites that 3-4 oz lasts a long time !!! and best of all I had no issues with eating it, no dumping, no vomiting nothing. Yippee!!!

This weekend I am gonna start doing a little more physical activity as I am coming up on my 6 weeks mark this Tuesday so all limitations should be lifted. Of course I am supposed to wait till I go to the doctors but I feel good, no pain at all and well quite frankly I feel ready to start doing all the stuff I normally would be doing. I will, of course, not go too crazy but summers is here and I am ready to enjoy it, my first project is too cut the grass and then get my pool up and running. The weather is supposed to get pretty hot so I wold love to be able to take a swim ..

Oh yesterday I also had my first appt with my laser hair removal. It was pretty cool and there was no pain at all. They have this little suction like tool, stick it on the area that needs done and blast a bit of laser on it. It gets a little bit warm but nothing bad at all, after the initial consultation part it took all of 5 minutes to do. I have to have at least 6-8 treatments before all the hair follicles are killed but it will be worth it in the long run..

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Take care

PS. Still only 5 baby chicks but all doing well, I think the other eggs are duds..

2 comments:

Healthy Chelle said...

Yay for you!

Great blog! Great progress!

Keep it up Cuz!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! I AM PROUND OF YOU

DAN