Friday, May 30, 2008

I need a new scale

Well today is weigh day and instead of being very excited about it I was actually dreading it. I am so obsessed with losing the weight, that I know if the scale is not nice to me I will send myself into a deep depression over it but for the sake of my mental health today I am going to go with a weight loss for this week of 5lbs. I got on the scale 5 different times and got 2 saying 5 lbs, 2 saying 3 lbs and the tie breaker told me a totally different number of only 2 lbs. So I got 2- of the 5lb number first so that is what I am going with!!! And that is my final answer! But I am going to go this weekend and get me a new scale and I think I am gonna stay away from the digital kind and get the old fashion dial kind that way there is not a chance for so many different numbers to come up.

I am also happy to say that I have gone down 6.9 points on the BMI chart. For those of you who don't know Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women. To calculate your BMI go to this website http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

I still have a ways to go before being in the normal range but it will happen.

***Warning to any male readers.. Women issues to be talked about now***

I also think that right now my weight loss is kinda being impacted by hormonal changes, My sister mentioned it to me and I had not really thought about it until then but the surgery has obviously effected my menstrual cycle, while for the past week I felt very bloated, I have not yet started my cycle and in fact it is actually late. (No there is no chance I am pregnant) I have always been pretty darn regular (23-25 days) for the past several years so this is kinda unusual for me, but then again why complain as we all know what a total drag it is anyways. The bariatric clinic did say that this could happen & FYI, your menstrual cycle can actually harm you some after having bariatric surgery, because you are no longer absorbing the nutrients that you once were your cycle can really deplete your body of Iron causing anemia. This is just another one of the side effects that can happen with WLS.

Now being that I am so looking forward to losing weight and becoming a whole new me on the outside I have taken another step to sorta beatify myself. All my life I have had a facial hair issues Upper lip and chin and I am constantly waxing, shaving, plucking etc.. and never seem to be able to keep up on it and even though I don't mention it often I have always been self-conscience of it. I did some calling around and found out that laser hair removal is actually a pretty inexpensive thing to do. So I have decided to treat myself to the process so that I won't have to deal with that anymore. It is a local place and you need to have several treatments before it is gone for good but I am really looking forward to having it done. I know it seems like a small thing but as long as it makes me feel better about myself then it is worth it. I am kinda sorry that I did not look into it sooner.

Porter & I have been very religious about doing our nightly walking, last night I think was the longest walk yet. By the time I got back home even Porter had slowed down his pace and was ready to lay down. We left from my house walked down into the park, did a trail walk and walked back. I will be very excited when I can start pushing myself even more. Only 1-1/2 more weeks then I should have doctors clearance.

This weekend will be a busy one, the horse dentist is coming out to give my horses there dental check up.. (yes horses have dentists) and I also have a graduation party to go to, this party will be the first of many for this year and will be another test of how well I can do around food specially the kinda I am not supposed to eat. I know I will do well but boy it sure is tempting.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend, don't forget to check back on Monday and don't forget to click on a few of the ads here and help me earn a few pennies for my skin removal surgery fund that I will need next year.

Till next week... Take care MEchele

1 comment:

Healthy Chelle said...

5 lbs it is!

Get that new scale girl!

Keep up the great work. I probably won't even recognize you or Porter next time I see you guys! :)