Wednesday, May 28, 2008

1 month reflection

Last Night I was looking back at all my post for past month and it was very inspiring to me to see just how far I have already come in such a short time. When I was looking back I again realized what a great group of people you all are who are supporting me. I know not all of you post comments but I know that you are still reading and keeping me in your thoughts. I am so thankful that after looking at these post that I have had very few medical problems considering this is such a major surgery. I belong to several online groups that talk about the many problems that they have had with the surgery and I come no where close to any of those and thank god that I don't . At least not so far..knock on wood!. I know that my journey is far from over and I still have a longs way to go but so far so good.

I am also trying to be pro-active on some issues that may come up in the near future and the one that bothers me the most is the possible loss of my hair. I know that seems very vain of me but it is one of my best features and I really hate to part with it. Every day I am constantly checking to make sure that it is not starting to fall out ( this happens due to lack of Protein and usually starts between weeks 4-8) so in an effort to prevent my hair loss I am really focusing on doubling up on all my protein intake and hopefully that will keep my hair loss to a minimum because after all I want to lose weight but I don't want to lose it by my hair falling out.

Last night I pushed myself just a little bit more by taking a 1-1/2 mile(guesstimate) hike through the woods. Although I still am not able to run yet I thought that this would be a little bit more of a workout as I had more obstacles, hills and such to maneuver. It felt really great and I was tired by the time I was done I even had to take a break for a minute before leaving the park.. It felt good to work up a little sweat and look forward to being able to push myself more in the upcoming weeks. My dog Porter also went with me and enjoyed it too or maybe enjoyed it a little too much, as per usual he saw water and just had to jump in it. Good thing my truck is never clean so any more mud is usually not noticeable...lol... I will be going back tonight and doing it again but I will also remember to bring the bug spray this time. lol

Talk to you again soon Take Care, Mechele

4 comments:

Healthy Chelle said...

You really HAVE come a long way!

I am so glad you haven't had major problems since your surgery. You are doing well and I can tell from your blogs and your comments that your mind is in the right place.

HUGS TO YOU!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful even without hair! And good for you taking a hike with Porter. The more you do it, the more you are going to love it...and he will, too. And yes, I know all about you and your trucks...remember that Detroit News contest you won a few years back?

Anonymous said...

Michele:

I am so proud of you!!!! Just keep up the good thoughts and keep focused on the positive changes....keep taking the protein and abiding by the rules as you have and you will continue to succeed....When you are ready to go to St. Johns just let me know or if you want me to walk with you just give me a call.

I love you sis... keep looking forward.....

ME-chele said...

Michelle- Thank you so much for your continued support. It is really appreciated

Mel - LOL... I do remember that trashy car contest and you were the one who nominated me... 1st place I won... and front page of the paper... lol... what memories. thank you so much for being such a great friend for the past???? oh god I hate to say it..29 years and counting..