Thursday, May 22, 2008

boy I did not know

that pledging to not get on a weight scale but once a week would be so darn hard !!! HealthierChelle I don't know how you do it. I mean I literally have to fight with myself each day to not get on the scale. I would hide the darn thing but since I am the only one here to hide it that is kind of a lost cause unless I could make myself forget where it was I put it... but who knows with my mind that could happen.. lol.. But only one more day for this weeks weigh-in so I think I can make it and I think I have probably lost a few pounds as I feel like I have, hence the reason why I want on the scale so darn bad.

I am going to my first food addiction meeting tonight and am looking forward to it, I am hoping that I will be able to meet a few people who can add some insight into how to deal with the problem. I really have no idea what to expect but I am sure that whatever it is it certainly can't hurt me an anyway. I will let you all know tomorrow how it went and what I learned.

I am really having trouble with my sleeping the last few nights. I posted the other day about having trouble and thought it had to do with the fact I had not taken any pain medications but now I am just not sure. I am going to bed at night and it seems like from the waist down I hurt, my muscles, my back, my joints like I have all of a sudden developed restless leg syndrome or something.. I can't settle down and no matter what position I try to sleep in nothing helps and even though I feel extremely tired and yawn considerably, sleep does not come easy and when it does it is only for short periods of time. By 3-4am I feel like I have no choice other then to take some medicine.. I have, however, only been taking 1/2 doses or less but it sure does help, as within about 15-20 minutes the pain gets better and I am able to fall asleep for a few hours. SO I am not exactly sure what this mean and lord I sure hope that it is just a temporary thing and gets better as I get more active.

Otherwise things are still going really good. I am getting better everyday and I love my Melba toast with my 1-oz of cheese melted on top!!!lol.. such little things to make a person happy!!
I can't wait to post tomorrow as I am sure I will have some good news on the weight scale and some news as to how my first meeting goes tonight...

talk to you all soon ...

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I hope things are going great for you and that the scale is nice to you tomorrow morning! Get a nice nights rest tonight......dreaming of scales!!!!!

HealthierChelle's Friend Cheri

Healthy Chelle said...

I know the nagging feeling. It tells me that you mind is still set a little bit on "pounds lost" instead of "health gained".

How about you get rid of the scale altogether and weigh yourself at your sister's house once a week?

Love you and know you are doing the right thing!

Anonymous said...

The restless leg thing is acctually a form of withdrawal. Your body is becoming dependent, or was, on the narcotics. It happens faster then youd think. I would lower the dosage every few days until your done with them. Regardless, you'll still feel yucky. I know this is an old blog, but i figured I'd share anyways. Maybe I'll help someone some where. You should also always tell your doctor. Withdrawl from medicine is painful, difficult and needs to be monitored.