Friday, May 9, 2008

the days are getting better

Hello all. I know it has been a couple of days since my last post. It is kinda hard to post everyday when I am not doing anything other then resting and taking it easy till I heal up a little further. But I did have a kinda busy today and let me tell you I am tired but it is a good kinda tired. It amazes me that a few days of being down can take so much out of a person.

But anyways, my mom left me yesterday to go home and take care of some of her personal business but she will be back tomorrow. Here I am 37 years old and I want my mommy!!!!lol.. Sounds crazy but it is nice to have your mother take care of you for a time.. She has been the best, making sure I take my medicine, cleaning the house and even tucking me in at night making sure I have all the pillows placed just right.. ( It is still hard to sleep for me so I need to be propped up) it has been a real comfort knowing that someone is here in case anything happens, not that I think anything will happen but it is a comfort to me knowing she is here. So this morning I was on my own to make sure I did everything right!.

I had another doctors appt today as a follow up and things are still going good. I did have to have another Chest x-ray done as my breathing is still bad. The x-ray did show that some areas of my lungs were still not inflated enough (for lack of proper medical term) but I guess time will solve the problem, they did send the X-ray out for further review and may want me to have some other test next week but no use worrying about something until you have to. Otherwise, things are going good.

After the doctor, I went to the store and got some more prescriptions.. Geeze, I am on more drugs now then I ever was as a fat person. But thankfully this is all temporary and within a couple of months they should all be gone! I also went and did a little Mother's Day shopping, when I finally got home I was tired and ready to take some pain medicine but this is just another first step to normalcy, if there is such a thing. One day at a time, one thing at a time! Oh and here is a real milestone, I was able to smash up a tablespoon of egg salad today (boy did that taste good) and I had no problems eating it all.

Tonight my sister & her husband had to come over and take care of my horses for me. I was running low on food so I had to go to the grain store and pick up some more. It is so hard for me to have to stand back and watch other people do what I usually do and it has only been a week. The doctors are very adamant about making sure that I lift nothing over 5 lbs for 6 weeks. Heck it seems like everything weighs over 5 lbs including my purse. I feel so very helpless and that is something that is already driving me nuts, I hate asking for help yet I am forced to do so. I don't quite know how I am gonna be able to handle the next weeks, specially when I am feeling even better. I need to learn that it is OK to ask for help and realize that people who help you out are doing so because they want to and not because they have to. ..... and this leads me to the quote of the day
"It takes courage to ask for help and courage to give help when asked" Author unknown

PS I uploaded some more pictures in my photo album for you to check out.***. WARNING..*** I am not pretty in any of them!

1 comment:

Healthy Chelle said...

So happy the days are getting better. I am proud of you! When you gonna turn your cellie on??? :)