Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 4 - One month gone already

Wow!!!! Can you believe it? One month gone already and only 2 more weeks to go on all my lifting & Exercise restrictions. I can't wait!!! I am getting very bored not being able to do even the most simplest tasks but it is almost done. Hopefully my 6 week check up will give me clear sailing .

This weekend went by pretty uneventful spent allot of time out where my brother and his wife were camping. We did a bit of fishing but mostly I just hung out and played fetch with my dog, my brothers camp site was on a little lake and Porter ( my dog) just loves to swim and fetch things in the water, so he definitely got his exercise this weekend. My neighbor was also having his annual memorial weekend party and of course told me to come on over but I did not want to put myself in that situation, I mean his parties usually involve allot of drinking & eating which are 2 things that I can't do right now so why put myself through all that torture. Sounded like they all had a great time though.

Well week 4 now brings a little bigger variety of foods to eat. I have to admit I did start trying them out a day early. I am now able to add Canned tuna fish/chicken, eggs, ground turkey or some salmon. I have so far had some ground turkey and for the most part it tasted good, I had no problems at all after eating it and even added a bit of BBQ sauce for some extra flavor. It certainly does not replace beef in the taste category but it was sure nice to have some actual meat!!! A vegetarian I am not!! I also tried to eat a scrambled egg but that was NOT something that agreed with me and for the first time since having my surgery I had to vomit. It really surprises me that I had a hard time with it, you would think of all all foods that would be the one that would be easily tolerated but I guess that is just not the case. I did talk to a couple of people who have had gastric bypass and they had the same problem so I guess it is common. Maybe I will give it another try in a couple of weeks or so but if that is one of the only foods I can't tolerate then I will be very happy!

My mental state is doing pretty good right now of course with all the changes my body is going through that could change in an instant but for today I am doing good. I am still having a very hard time with sleep though. I am exhausted by the time I go to bed but sleep does not come quick and then when it does it is for just a couple of hours, then I wake up and lie in bed watching TV trying to will sleep to come again and when it does it is usually at about 7 am when I need to get up anyways and then I end up over sleeping. I am really hoping that in time this problem irons itself out because in my opinion there is nothing worse that not being able to get a good night sleep.

My neighbor Bob next door was over on Sunday morning cutting my grass to help me out, when I walked out to thank him he said to me."WOW I can't believe how much weight you have lost in such a short time, you can really tell!" I felt so ecstatic to hear that, it was a great boost to my morale. I mean what more can a woman ask for, having someone else cut your grass and compliment you at the same time!!

Anyways, that is about it for now! I hope all of you had a very safe and fun weekend. I would love to hear what you all did so let me know.

Take care, MEchele

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL THAT BOB NOTICED!!!!that means it is working!!!! Keep going , you will see more and more progress everyday....

Healthy Chelle said...

Thanks for the update MeChele :)

You are doing great!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person. Truly amazing in so many ways. And I admire you for taking your life back. Don't ever let anybody tell you you can't do it. Not even someone in a support group. You CAN do this! Just listening to your story inspires me. Keep it up!