Friday, May 16, 2008

New Goal

To help me with my food addiction I have decided that I need to focus on other things.. duh, like that is not an obvious solution. But the real question is what am I gonna focus on. My cousin, who has a blog also, is big into running (Please check out her blog listed below- healthierChelle) she has set a challenge for whoever wants to participate in a 5k walk/run race July 12th. I am happy to say that I am officially a registered walker/runner. My training will begin slow as I am not supposed overdue anything for another 4 weeks but I have started taking walks down the road every night this week with my dog Porter.. (I figure he needs to shape up also) just short and slow walks as that is all my stomach can handle right now but walking none the less. I figure as time goes on I will gradually increase the length and speed of my walk and hopefully by race day I will be able to at least finish the race without dying...lol.. This will be a definite step in the right direction specially if you compare it to where I was physically last year. I would like to invite any of you reading to participate also. My cousin Michelle is leading this charge and she is a born motivator !!! Here is the link to sign up for any of you who are interested in registering http://www.flintjournal.com/race/

Now on to other things . Physically I am doing quite well. Have had some mystery pain last night into the morning but that seems to be going away so I will not worry about it. I am getting a little stir crazy not being able to do anything but this is only temporary, tonight my mother and I are going to dinner at my sister. Me, I am pretty much going for the company as we all know my food choices are limited. But as far as food goes I am now trying out a few new things. Pretty much one/two new things every few days. Last night I tried 2 oz of mashed up sweet potatoes and about 1/2 an ounce of low fat cheese.. the cheese must be chewed very well but Boy those sure tasted like heaven. Pretty funny when less then a month ago my idea of food heaven was a variety of Chinese food and a big ole Halo burger with cheese & olives.. That of course is my old life and this is my new.

It is also very surprising to me just how well I am feeling because when you think about it I am really not eating enough to keep a person alive. For example my menu yesterday was as follows.

Breakfast - 1 cup of high protein Hot chocolate with some high protein lactaid
Lunch - 3 Ritz crackers (2 with some very mushy egg salad on it, the other with Hummus
Dinner - 2 oz of mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 oz of low fat cheese.

Keep in mind I also take crushed up vitamins and calcium pills throughout the day along with drinking plenty of protein flavored water. This is what I think keeps me going so it has really made me realize just how important vitamins are to your body. So maybe if you are not taking daily vitamins you might want to start, of course I am not a doctor so you might want to consult yours before hand.

Well anyhoo that is about it for today, I hope everyone is doing well and as always thank you for your continued support !!!!

2 comments:

Healthy Chelle said...

WooHOO! I am so glad you and Rena are both registered! My friend Leigh is too! It's gaining momentum!

YAY!

Leigh Ann said...

Looking forward to starting and finishing the 5K with you on the big day! Glad to hear you're enjoying every bite and looking forward.

Welcome to your new life!

Leigh (healthy chelle's friend)