Monday, October 20, 2008

Did everyone enjoy the weekend

I actually had a really decent weekend and a couple of first for me in a very long time.

I went on Friday to meet that guy for our little lunch date.. While he was nice enough, he is definitely not my type, Not to mention his picture was quite deceiving and probably taken 15 years ago.. Now don't get me wrong I am certainly not hung up on looks by any means but you still have to have some sort of attraction to the person you are with. With him there was no attraction so we are just chalking it up to practice makes perfect. I figure the more I do this the more self confidence I will get. Now because I had taken the time to make myself look nice and was feeling good I was in the mood to go out Friday night and see what kind a trouble I could find. I called a friend of mine and he and his wife met me at a local bar for a drink, they decided that they wanted to try another place so we left and went there However there was only 5 people in the bar and we had only one drink. My friends decided to call it a night but I was still ready to go out. SO I decided what the hell.. I will take Allan's advice (almost gastric bypass) and go back to the bar I was at ... by myself... sit down and see if the men would come. Well they did...kinda..... I was a magnet for all the pot bellied, older men.. 55 and up... I have no idea why that was.. But they all seemed to think that they had some kinda chance with me. It was actually super funny!!! and well this bar, while it is a place I go to occasionally is not really the best place to be meeting anyone anyways but what I did by going there by myself was really strictly to build my self confidence. I actually had a pretty good time, just listening to the music and watching people have fun.. I stayed till closing so I obviously was not all that bored. This is a first for me.. Or well I should not say a first but it might as well be as the last time I went to a bar by myself it was in my early 20's

Saturday I was up bright and early. I took care of my uncles place and then came home and went for about a 2 hour ride on my horse copper. It was a nice ride as the weather was perfect. When I got back home my friends Melanie and Kevin came to visit and spent the night.. We took the kids to the huckleberry railroad Halloween spooktacular. It was actually a pretty decent time.. Which is surprising as anyone who knows me knows that I am not a kids person.. But I was pleasantly surprised that all the kids were really well behaved. Also with the purchase of the ticket you got to go trick or treating at little stations that are set up around the park.. It was a big test for me as the candy that was giving out was the good stuff.. and I had a whole bag of it. But I ate NONE... and I was not even tempted to try it, nor did I even sample the donuts that they were giving out. As the months go by from this surgery it is really easy for me now to just not eat sugar. who would have thought that I would be able to give it up so easily with no issues. When people try to get me to eat it I just say NO!!!! I am so proud of myself for having such will power

On Sunday I met up with my friends Rich and Wayne and we went riding. It was about a 4 hour ride I had so much fun. It was a little more of a challenging ride as we went to an area that had all kinds of hills and ravines and made riding much more challenging not to mention we got lost a few times so we were making our own trails. 5 months ago I would have never attempted to do any of the stuff I did yesterday. I would have been too heavy and it would have been too hard on the horse. I had such a great time and it was really a boost to my self confidence again as a rider, I am really starting to feel like that cowgirl I have always wanted to be.

Soooo now here we are back to the ho hum drum of Monday morning.. I have made it my mission that today I get back to the gym and start exercising regularly.. Who knows maybe I will even meet someone at the gym. lol.. well it can't hurt to look....lol..

Happy Monday everyone!!

3 comments:

Allan said...

Read your post again. Then read one you wrote Pre-op. Your tone, your excitement, the awakening, it all comes out in your writing. The change is astounding, and I never met you in person. Patience, the other boys will catch on...

Allan said...

Email me at Allan@Zaro.com with your email address please

Healthy Chelle said...

Thanks for filling us in!

I still think you need to fix yourself up and hang out at the horse auction place!